RE: HIV Undetectable

This is a phrase we see and hear often. But some of us (me included) aren't 100% sure of the meaning. I know it means that the person has a low viral load and is healthier(as far as HIV goes) than someone who is positive. I'm unclear, though, on what that means to me. Someone who is negative. Can I still contract the disease from an undetectable guy? What are the odds of that happening? How often. Does someone become positive after being undetectable? Why? Let's get thus discussion going.I am undetectable poz and my virus is as close to zero as can get. I take my daily pill and never forget it! I would like to invite such discissions/exchange of views in my group Undetectable HIV poz. Feel free to join.

This post was edited
RE: HIV Undetectable

great question, as a person who has lived with hiv for the last 24 years of my life, I've been undectable throughout the entirety of my condition once the right medicine combination was found for me. I've been with my partner of 15 years and he is still negative and we fuck bareback he tops me I don't top him. I have several playmates who are hiv positive with undectable viral loads such as myself and we fuck I mainly top others, with those close friends we have shared loads. My playmates and I all look out for each other and we ensure we have regular sexual health checks (this is usually every 3-4 months) if anything is going around participants are informed. For me personally I cannot control other people's sexual behaviour but I can control my own and ensure that I'm at my best sexual health and that's what I do.
Information and studies are improving all the time and the current train of thought and it does vary is that long term hiv undectable people such as myself are less likely to pass on the virus as opposed to guys who just try and play with others who claim they're negative, and also guys using prep and good common sense are also less of a threat. I also think it depends on what activities you engage in as well for example if you use chems during sex some people find they get really sleazy and may lose some of their inhibitions but I think sometimes chem sex leads to less clarity of mind, fisting, rough sex, those are activities that I do not partake in because I always want to be in control and ensure that i'm not putting myself or anyone else in harm's way.
my suggestion is stay well informed about changes in the science behind it, and have open and honest discussions with your playmates to discuss boundaries and you'll be fine, and for anyone if you haven't had a sexual health check get one, some things don't present any symptoms and knowing is half the battle.

This post was edited