HIV Undetectable

This is a phrase we see and hear often. But some of us (me included) aren't 100% sure of the meaning. I know it means that the person has a low viral load and is healthier(as far as HIV goes) than someone who is positive. I'm unclear, though, on what that means to me. Someone who is negative. Can I still contract the disease from an undetectable guy? What are the odds of that happening? How often. Does someone become positive after being undetectable? Why? Let's get thus discussion going.

This topic was edited
RE: HIV Undetectable

This is a phrase we see and hear often. But some of us (me included) aren't 100% sure of the meaning. I know it means that the person has a low viral load and is healthier(as far as HIV goes) than someone who is positive. I'm unclear, though, on what that means to me. Someone who is negative. Can I still contract the disease from an undetectable guy? What are the odds of that happening? How often. Does someone become positive after being undetectable? Why? Let's get thus discussion going.Me and my boyfriend have participated in a European study for several years about HIV and how it infects. It was attended by only couples, but both hetroseksuelle and homosexuals participated and one is HIV positive and the other negative. The conclusion was that HIV is not transmitted if the person is well treated. Taking medicine every day.
My boyfriend has HIV and I have not. He is HIV Undetectable and take medicine every day. We buns without a condom because I know he takes his medication and that's the point.
A guy who is HIV Undetectable can infect if he does not take his medication. When he gets measured can he be HIV Undetectable the day and the next day you can measure HIV.

This post was edited

I'm glad someone out of 35views replied. I've wondered about the dynamic of undetectable/Negative Relationship. Thanks, bud

This post was edited

Does this medication have anything to do with themed"Prep"? I've heard of people on Prep as well.

This post was edited

Take a look at the US CDC's website for information about HIV... https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/default.html/An HIV Undetectable person doesn't mean they don't have the virus, they can still infect you if you're performing risky behaviors, though the risk is less then someone who is detectable.. What it means is that their levels of virus in a certain amount of blood is just low enough to be undetectable.. doesn't mean that they might not still have higher concentrations in semen/sperm or other bodily fluids. It's also the level at the time of testing, doesn't mean its the same the next day...Be sure to educate yourself about it!!! Lots of information on line, or speak confidentially to a local HIV/AIDS Clinic if you have questions.

This post was edited

Thank you for the insight, there are some who think prep makes everything ok

This post was edited

This is a phrase we see and hear often. But some of us (me included) aren't 100% sure of the meaning. I know it means that the person has a low viral load and is healthier(as far as HIV goes) than someone who is positive. I'm unclear, though, on what that means to me. Someone who is negative. Can I still contract the disease from an undetectable guy? What are the odds of that happening? How often. Does someone become positive after being undetectable? Why? Let's get thus discussion going.Me and my boyfriend have participated in a European study for several years about HIV and how it infects. It was attended by only couples, but both hetroseksuelle and homosexuals participated and one is HIV positive and the other negative. The conclusion was that HIV is not transmitted if the person is well treated. Taking medicine every day.
My boyfriend has HIV and I have not. He is HIV Undetectable and take medicine every day. We buns without a condom because I know he takes his medication and that's the point.
A guy who is HIV Undetectable can infect if he does not take his medication. When he gets measured can he be HIV Undetectable the day and the next day you can measure HIV.I share your opinion. I take my one Eviplera every morning (never miss out!) and my virus is as close to 0 as can get. I am healthy. Blootests and medical consultation twice every year. If my virus should go up I would certainly not get fucked without a condom. Till then I love it bareback!
By the way, I welcome more members to the group, undobtedly there are quite a few swingers who are HIV poz. Become a member and share your views.

This post was edited

This is a phrase we see and hear often. But some of us (me included) aren't 100% sure of the meaning. I know it means that the person has a low viral load and is healthier(as far as HIV goes) than someone who is positive. I'm unclear, though, on what that means to me. Someone who is negative. Can I still contract the disease from an undetectable guy? What are the odds of that happening? How often. Does someone become positive after being undetectable? Why? Let's get thus discussion going.It's an interesting discussion. I had a friend from Asia visiting me last summer. He knew I was HIV poz but insisted to fuck me only bare back (he's neg). I asked my doctor and she said that since my virus was almost 0 there would bed no risk. I take my Eviplera every morning. He fucked me daily for three weeks, filled me with his load and is still neg.

This post was edited

Basically it is this. The virus is undetectable in the blood. It takes a certain viral load to actually infect someone. If you take your medicine daily like you are supposed to it should stay undetectable and you 98% (same as a condom, btw) should not transmit the virus. They say it's more like closer to 0% but because it is science, you cannot say 100%. If the person is on Prep too it will increase those odd to closer or 0% as well. There have been couple studies where the couples were one neg/one poz and in 3 years of the 5 yr study now one transmitted the virus.
https://www.queerty.com/study-undetectable-guys-do-not-transmit-hiv-to-negative-sex-partners-20140305

This post was edited

Thank you for the insight, there are some who think prep makes everything okThe reason they think that is because studies are suggesting that it is!https://share.kaiserpermanente.org/article/large-study-of-prep-use-in-clinical-practice-shows-no-new-hiv-infections/

This post was edited

Great question.
https://www.aidsmap.com/No-one-with-an-undetectable-viral-load-gay-or-heterosexual-transmits-HIV-in-first-two-years-of-PARTNER-study/page/2832748
There is an ongoing partner study, that won't be finished until 2017. But the current data is looking really good.
I think someone thought condoms were 98% effective...that is actually not true...condoms are around 70+% effective. The problem is usage, breakage, and the can come off during sex. The most effective way to protect yourself is with PrEP which when taken daily is 99% effective..this is more effective than a condom.
www.prepfacts.org is a great resoruce.
This goes without saying, that we should practice neutrality, status is not a stigma, some people are Poz and some negative. We are all just people. We all need to get tested on a regular basis and support those who poz in getting the necessary medical care for their health.

This post was edited